Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin. Concentration in hydraulics, hydrology, and geotechnical engineering.
Ray Bridges joined Urban Engineering in 1983 as vice president and partner. As project coordinator for a number of private, municipal and governmental projects, Mr. Bridges has been responsible for subdivision and utility layouts, drainage feasibility studies, hydraulic calculations, HEC-2 computer studies, field inspections, writing of project specifications, and supervision of computer drafting personnel.
Mr. Bridges has directed and managed numerous land development projects since he has been with Urban Engineering. As the lead engineer, he professionally designed the site improvements for 27 subdivisions in Victoria, four subdivisions in Corpus Christi and two subdivisions in Rockport. He was instrumental in the design of improvements for the Victoria Regional Airport, which included 15 Airport Improvement Program projects that were related to refurbishing and upgrading runways and taxiways. Additionally, Mr. Bridges designed needed improvements for runways and taxiways at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station and the Jackson County Airport. Mr. Bridges expertly headed the successful design of plans to significantly enhance improvements to a variety of Marine Construction projects in Matagorda County that were sponsored by the Palacios Seawall Commission, the Matagorda County Navigation District #1 and the City of Palacios. For Municipal Public Works projects, Mr. Bridges was responsible for the proficient design of layouts for repairs to several major thoroughfares in Victoria, which also improved drainage, water distribution and sewer conditions.
- Water System Operational Plan for the City of Victoria, Texas
- Extended-period computer simulation of the City of Victoria’s water distribution system using the University of Kentucky Pipe Network Analysis Program
- Master Drainage Plan and Drainage Criteria Manual for the City of Port Lavaca, Texas
- HEC-2 Study showing effects of stream modifications on Lone Tree Creek, Victoria, Texas
- West Outfall Spill Containment Facility for E.I. duPont de Nemours & Co., Inc., Victoria, Texas
- Rice Canal Spill Containment Facility for E.I. duPont de Nemours & Co., Inc., Victoria, Texas
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas – #68789
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Texas – #4619
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Texas Exes
- National Rifle Association
- Ducks Unlimited